Home USA News Unsupervised cooking led to a kitchen fire at Greenacres

Unsupervised cooking led to a kitchen fire at Greenacres

6
Spokane Valley Fire Department

GREENACRES, Wash. — A Spokane Valley department wants to remind you to be careful when you’re cooking at home.

SVFD responded to a house fire in the Greenacre neighborhood near East Couch Drive and East 3rd Avenue near South Flora Street. Firefighters initially saw heavy smoke coming through the home, which had been upgraded to a working fire.

SVFD says the person who lived in the home was heating water on the stove with a kettle and left. Smoke detectors alerted her to a fire. The woman tried to get her phone, but the smoke blocked her efforts. She was able to get outside when firefighters arrived. Paramedics examined her due to concerns about smoke inhalation.

The SVFD says the leading cause of kitchen fires is unattended cooking.

No one was injured in the fire.

READ: Employees were evacuated from Amazon’s Spokane Valley location due to the fire

Source link